Visit: https://latinooutdoors.org/photo-contest/ for full guidelines, rules, and criteria for entries.
Photo Contest begins July 17, 2021, and ends July 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific. Voting will occur July 27-30, 2021 and winners will be announced on July 31, 2021.
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE:
All people are welcome to participate, regardless of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, ability, language, and nationality.
WHAT TO ENTER:
Photos may be submitted under each of the following categories, which are drawn from subjects of special interest to Latino Outdoors’ participation in Latino Conservation Week 2021:
- RETHINK OUTSIDE: Photos that help redefine what it means to be “outdoorsy”. Share portraits and photos of people engaging with the natural environment and purposeful activities which provide stress relief, promote well-being, build confidence, and offer health benefits to individuals and communities alike.
- CONSERVATION CULTURA: Photos that illustrate how conservation is woven into the fabric of Latinx culture. Use photography to highlight cultural elements not found in the mainstream conservation narrative with a particular focus on the intersection of the Latinx identity and the natural environment.
- THE LATINX EXPERIENCE: Photos that contribute to a better representation of all Latinx people, history, and heritage.
HOW TO ENTER:
Each participant may submit up to three photographs per category using this form. Please complete one form per photo and include a Photo Release Form. Photographs may also be submitted as Instagram posts by tagging @latinooutdoors and indicating the contest category in the caption of the IG post (Rethink Outside, Conservation Cultura, or The Latinx Experience). Photos must capture people outdoors locally, either participating in outdoor recreation or conservation efforts.
- Follow @LatinoConservationWeek
- Use the following hashtags #LatinoConservationWeek / #LCW2021 / #LCWPhotoContest
- Practice social distancing and be safe (see #RecreateResponsibly guidelines mentioned above)
- Include a land acknowledgement. Put some effort into learning the history of the location you’re in. Google and the Native Lands app/website could be helpful for research.
- Answer the question “What does conservation cultura mean to you?” in the photo/post caption.
- $500 and a Latino Outdoors swag pack
The following prizes will be awarded for each of the three categories:
- 1st place: $300 and a National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass
- 2nd place: $150 and a National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass
- 3rd place: National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass
Hispanic Access Foundation, Latino Outdoors
Date & time:
July 17, 2021 - July 25, 2021