Today is Thursday, July 18 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County. Click here for today’s forecast.
1. It’s National Latino Conservation Week: This is apart of an initiative by the Hispanic Access Foundation launched in 2014 to provide the Latino community and others opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, learn about conservation efforts and demonstrate their support for protecting our natural resources. Click here for the local schedule of events.
2. Morning Zumba in the Park: Beat the summertime heat and join Montgomery Parks’ Activation Team for some morning Zumba® in the park from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Kensington Cabin Local Park. Click here for more information.
3. Fire and Code Compliance (FCC) Clinics: Montgomery County’s Fire and Code Compliance (FCC) Permit Clinics. Staff will be available from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Montgomery County Department of Permitting Services in Rockville to assist with the new permit process and offer tutorials on how to use the DPS eServices – their electronic renewal system.
4. Silver Spring Thursday Night Concert Series: The free outdoor concert will take place at 7:00 p.m. at the Plaza located at One Veterans Place in downtown Silver Spring. This week the Marc Berger Band (American Roots) will be performing. Click here for more information. Concerts only canceled if it is raining at 7:00 PM.
5. Montgomery County 2019 Resident Survey: Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich wants you to know the County has launched an online survey to gauge residents’ assessment of their local government, its services and their quality of life. You can take this online resident survey by July 19.
Full article can be found here.