When: July 24, 2021 10 AM - 3 PM
Where: Anniversary Hill Park and Community Fields, Holyoke MA
Join Latino Outdoors Western Mass in celebrating Latino Conservation Week 2021 with several local partners and community groups for a community event and guided hike at Anniversary Hill Park in Holyoke, MA!
Want to learn more about local conservation? We invite you to drop in and connect with the friends and local conservation heroes that will be on site to celebrate wat conservation looks like in our area and how we can all be a part of it:
- Kestrel Land Trust
- City of Holyoke’s Office of Sustainability
- Nueva Esperanza
- El Corazón de Holyoke
- Appalachian Mountain Club
- Valley Bikes
- Latino Outdoors Western MA
Latino Outdoors Western MA will be offering guided hikes from Community Fields to Scott Tower at 10 am and 12:30 pm (about a 45 minute round trip). The trail has a slight incline, and is paved and shaded for most of the way. As we hike together, we will hear from Holyoke’s Office of Sustainability and Kestrel Land Trust about the ongoing projects at Anniversary Hill Park and Scott Tower to conserve and protect this local natural space. We welcome you to join us!
If you aren’t able to join us for a hike, tables will also be set up at the entrance of the conservation area to offer information on the park, local conservation, and some fun activities to get to know our local natural space. Snacks, extra water and fun activities (including an optional treasure hunt!) will be provided to everyone, while they last!
- Nueva Esperanza and El Corazón de Holyoke will be on site and leading a free art activity for kids!
- OneHolyoke’s monthly food pantry distribution will be on site after 12:30pm with 300 boxes of non-perishable food items available for free with no restrictions, while they last!
- ValleyBikes will be on site with information on their local bike rental program, and you’ll have the the opportunity to borrow a bike at the event!
If you plan to join us for a hike, we ask you to bring some water with you and be sure to wear some good and comfortable shoes to hike in. Please be sure to also dress for the weather - we expect it to be hot! Loose fitting clothes like shorts and t-shirts can make a big difference.
A note about COVID safety: We take safety at our community outings very seriously.
- If you have not been vaccinated, please plan to wear a mask during your time with us at the event.
- If you are not feeling well or someone living with you has tested positive for COVID, please stay home.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID will be asked to go home and rest.
- All participants will be required to complete a waiver to participate in one of our guided hikes - this information will allow us the ability to contact you in the event we learn that you might have been exposed to COVID during this outing.
- We trust everyone to self-certify that they do not have symptoms of COVID, have not been diagnosed with or had direct contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days, and that they will participate fully with these safety policies and procedures.
Together, we can ensure safe, positive, and meaningful experiences in nature.
For more information on local conservation during Latino Conservation Week this year, be sure to follow Latino Outdoors Western MA on social media!
Latino Outdoors Western Massachusetts, City of Holyoke, Kestrel Land Trust, Appalachian Mountain Club, OneHolyoke, Nueva Esperanza, El Corazon de Holyoke, Valley Bikes
Date & time:
July 24, 2021
Anniversary Hill Park